ALBANY, GA (October 22, 2018) — The Salvation Army in southern Georgia has begun to transition from meeting immediate needs to long term recovery. As of October 21, feeding operations and mobile canteens have been suspended, and The Salvation Army will now distribute food boxes, water, cleaning supplies, and other in-kind goods. Two Incident Management Teams (IMT), located in Albany and Bainbridge, Georgia, will continue to coordinate Salvation Army disaster relief efforts across the southern part of the Peach State.
In response to Hurricane Michael, The Salvation Army in Georgia has provided:
- 48,462 Meals
- 29,854 Drinks
- 23,767 Snacks
- 156 Clean-up Kits and Supplies
- 952 Food Boxes
- 472 Hygiene Kits
- 291 Cases of Water
- 3,219 Emotional and Spiritual consultations
- 6,247 hours of employee and volunteer service
- Hurricane Michael Disaster Relief Statistics for Georgia as of September 21, 2018
How to Help:
The best way to help survivors and relief workers is to make a financial contribution. Monetary donations allow disaster responders to immediately meet the specific needs of disaster survivors.
About The Salvation Army
- Donate by phone: 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769)
- Donate by mail: The Salvation Army, PO Box 1959, Atlanta, GA
- Please designate ‘2018 Hurricanes – Michael’ on all checks
- Donate online: www.HelpSalvationArmy.org
- Donate by text: Text STORM to 51555 to receive a donation link for easy mobile giving
The Salvation Army annually helps more than 23 million Americans overcome poverty, addiction, and economic hardships through a range of social services. By providing food for the hungry, emergency relief for disaster survivors, rehabilitation for those suffering from drug and alcohol abuse, and clothing and shelter for people in need, The Salvation Army is doing the most good at 7,600 centers of operation around the country. In the first-ever listing of “America’s Favorite Charities” by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, The Salvation Army ranked as the country’s largest privately funded, direct-service nonprofit. For more information, visit www.SalvationArmyUSA.org. Follow us on Twitter @SalvationArmyUS and #DoingTheMostGood.