Don't miss out on The Salvation Army's Disaster Training Summit in Dallas, Texas this May.
7 Reasons to Attend the Training Summit:
- GET READY! It’s your best chance to get ready for the next disaster event – and if you live in the Southern Territory you know it’s not a matter of ‘if’ but ‘when’ – and to build your team of disaster responders.
- GET TRAINED! 32 Certified disaster training courses to choose from over four days of fun, learning and comradery!
- TAKE NEW CLASSES! ‘Hurricane Awareness’, ‘Tornado Awareness’, ‘All Hazards Facility Preparedness Planning’, and a ‘Cleaning, Sanitizing and Field Kitchens’ class presented in partnership with Southern Baptist Disaster Relief will all be offered.
- LISTEN! Mr. Gordon Graham, one of the country’s premier voices in emergency management, will be our Keynote speaker. (He’s super funny and engaging).
- LOOK AT THE EXHIBITS! Come see the latest in disaster equipment from The Salvation Army and our partners in both the inside and outside exhibit space.
- EAT FOOD! Three dinners, four lunches, and all breaks included with your registration fee.
- HAVE FUN! There will be a special outdoor cook-out (presented by our friends at Operation BBQ Relief) on Wednesday night along with farewell festivities!
Don’t Miss Out: EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION ENDS ON FEBRUARY 28
Register now and get full access to all the summit’s classes, meals and activities – including our pre-summit trainings – for a special LOW RATE! But don’t procrastinate.
Host Hotel is Filling Up
The Conference Hotel is the Embassy Suites at Dallas DFW Airport North. This fully renovated hotel is filling up fast. Don’t delay in making your reservations. Free airport shuttle and breakfast are available for all Embassy guests.
Check with your divisional headquarters for registration and territorially-funded lodging scholarships.
Sponsor the Summit
Know someone or an organization who wants to support Salvation Army disaster services or who wants to share a special product, service or vehicle at the summit? Suggest they become a conference sponsor! See the summit website for all the details and benefits on becoming a summit sponsor.
visit www.salvationarmydisastertraining.org for more information
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, established in London in 1865, has been supporting those in need without discrimination for more than 135 years in the U.S. More than 25 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through a range of social services: food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless, and opportunities for underprivileged children. The Salvation Army tracks the level of need across the country with the Human Needs Index (HumanNeedsIndex.org). The Salvation Army has served survivors of every major national disaster since 1900. The Salvation Army does not place an administrative fee on disaster donations. During emergency disasters, 100 percent of designated gifts are used to support specific relief efforts. For more information, go to www.SalvationArmyUSA.org or follow on Twitter @SalvationArmyUS.