Sacramento, CA--The Salvation Army is still offering meals and emotional and spiritual care at the Carr Fire response in the Redding area and Mendocino Complex Fire in Lake County and Mendocino County.
- Two canteens (mobile kitchens) from Redding and Santa Rosa are providing meals in various repopulated areas in Redding. Salvation Army officers are also offering emotional and spiritual care to residents affected by the recent fire.
- A canteen from Auburn is outside Holiday Market in Weaverville (1665 Main St). to serve food from that site.
- More than 17,000 meals have been distributed to evacuees and first responders since July 27.
Mendocino Complex Fire
- The Salvation Army is working with a nonprofit from Middletown, Hope City, to prepare and then deliver bagged lunches to various sites in Clearlake.
- Canteens from Suisun City and Santa Cruz are in Mendocino College in Ukiah (1000 Hensley Creek Rd) assisting with meals.
- More than 11,000 meals have provided in the past week.
Monetary donations are preferred at this time. The Salvation Army uses 100% of disaster donations in support of local disaster relief operations.
To give, visit www.gosalarmy.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769) and designate “Carr Fire” or “Mendocino Complex Fire”. Donations by mail may be designated “Carr Fire” or “Mendocino Complex Fire” and sent to:
The Salvation Army
About The Salvation Army
PO Box 348000
Sacramento, CA 95834
The Salvation Army annually helps more than 30 million Americans overcome poverty, addiction, and economic hardships through a range of social services. By providing food for the hungry, emergency relief for disaster survivors, rehabilitation for those suffering from drug and alcohol abuse, and clothing and shelter for people in need, The Salvation Army is doing the most good at 7,600 centers of operation around the country. In the first-ever listing of “America’s Favorite Charities” by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, The Salvation Army ranked as the country’s largest privately funded, direct-service nonprofit. For more information, visit www.SalvationArmyUSA.org. Follow us on Twitter @SalvationArmyUS and #DoingTheMostGood.