LEESBURG, GA (October 26, 2018) — The Salvation Army continues to distribute supplies through the southern counties of Georgia. Seven additional counties have been added to the service area making a total of 20 counties served. Cases of water, Gatorade, and snacks were left with the Century Fire Station in Leesburg, Georgia. The station is currently also functioning as a FEMA distribution center for the county.
In response to Hurricane Michael, The Salvation Army in Georgia has provided:
- 58,065 Meals
- 40,473 Drinks
- 32,515 Snacks
- 471 Clean-up Kits and Supplies
- 3,600 Food Boxes
- 1,160 Hygiene Kits
- 1,201 Cases of Water
- 3,896 Emotional and Spiritual consultations
- 16,008 hours of employee and volunteer service
- Hurricane Michael Disaster Relief Statistics for Georgia as of October 25, 2018
How to Help:
The best way to help survivors and relief workers is to make a financial contribution. Monetary donations allow disaster responders to immediately meet the specific needs of disaster survivors.
About The Salvation Army
- Donate by phone: 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769)
- Donate by mail: The Salvation Army, PO Box 1959, Atlanta, GA
- Please designate ‘2018 Hurricanes – Michael’ on all checks
- Donate online: www.HelpSalvationArmy.org
- Donate by text: Text STORM to 51555 to receive a donation link for easy mobile giving
The Salvation Army annually helps more than 23 million Americans overcome poverty, addiction, and economic hardships through a range of social services. By providing food for the hungry, emergency relief for disaster survivors, rehabilitation for those suffering from drug and alcohol abuse, and clothing and shelter for people in need, The Salvation Army is doing the most good at 7,600 centers of operation around the country. In the first-ever listing of “America’s Favorite Charities” by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, The Salvation Army ranked as the country’s largest privately funded, direct-service nonprofit. For more information, visit www.SalvationArmyUSA.org. Follow us on Twitter @SalvationArmyUS and #DoingTheMostGood.